Friday, March 12, 2010

Morning

I rise before dawn to sit with God in the water and say goodnight to the stars. Thick clouds roll in from the southwest, bringing rain for this afternoon. A white-hot sliver of moon kisses my eye and climbs quickly behind the gray, and where the sky peeks through, my personal shade of blue pales into the one the birds prefer. The moon has gone, but rosy clouds and lightening skies assure me the sun still shines. The callas and the tulips knew all along, and smile good morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have your laptop in the hot tub?

Kevin Phillips said...

One humble opinion--

Put down the paint brush pick up your pen. I can see how the mural in your dinning room is kind of fun, but your writing is a gift.

I am going to check your blog everyday. If I don't see something new there , I will be disappointed. But I will not be disappointed IN YOU. I will be disappointed FOR ME.

I have read each of your blogs and been enriched. I want to read more.